- Cardiac imaging CT / MRI, General cardiology, Interventional
Areas of interest
Dr Gary Liew is an interventional cardiologist specialising in Cardiac CT. He is the lead author of Cardiac Society of Aust & NZ guidelines on Coronary CT and Calcium Scoring. He graduated from the University of Melbourne and completed Physician & Cardiology training at the Royal Melbourne Hospital. After which he undertook a further 6 years of subspeciality training including an interventional fellowship and PhD research at the Royal Adelaide Hospital as an NH & MRC scholar. He helped establish and was Cardiologist in charge of the Cardiac CT service at Royal Adelaide Hospital for 2 years. Gary completed a postgraduate fellowship at Massachusetts General Hospital and was a faculty member of Harvard Medical School, USA. He is a Senior Fellow of the University of Melbourne and is active in teaching medical students.
4 Normanby Place
Richmond VIC 3121
Epworth Eastern - East Wing Tower
Level 10, Suite 10.3
1 Arnold Street
Box Hill VIC 3128
- MBBS University of Melbourne 1998
- FRACP Cardiology
- U.S. Board Certified in Cardiac CT (CBCCT)
- PhD University of Adelaide
- Imaging of vulnerable coronary plaques CT, MRI, IVUS, OCT. Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston USA.
- Assessment of coronary calcium with high definition CT, high-field MRI and histopathology. MGH & Harvard, Boston USA.
- Saphenous Vein Graft intervention & plaque imaging with CT, MRI, IVUS. University of Adelaide, SA.
- Cardiac Society of Australia & New Zealand
- Society of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography
- Society for Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance