- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Elbow surgery, Hand and Wrist surgery
Areas of interest
Jason Harvey is an internationally trained Melbourne orthopaedic surgeon with a specialty interest in hand, wrist, and elbow surgery. Jason graduated from the University of Sydney in 1997. After an internship at Sydney's Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, he moved to the United States where he undertook general surgery training at Harvard and Harbor UCLA, completing his advanced training in orthopaedic surgery at Harbor UCLA in 2005. Jason then undertook a hand and peripheral nerve surgery fellowship in Sydney (Royal North Shore) and was admitted to fellowship of The Royal Australasian College of Surgeons in 2007. Jason has a particular interest in arthroscopic surgery techniques and is involved in research into advanced techniques in fixation of wrist fractures, hand & wrist sports injuries, finger joint replacement, elbow conditions and base of thumb arthritis. Through his public appointment in Dandenong, he is consistently involved in teaching junior doctors and is currently the Director of Training in Orthopaedic Surgery and the Deputy Director of Training for the Victoria/Tasmania training region. Jason has been on the faculty of a number of advanced teaching courses in hand, wrist and elbow surgery.Jason specialises in hand, wrist, and elbow surgery.
89 Bridge Road
Richmond VIC 3121
- MBBS University of Sydney
- Orthopaedic surgery, UCLA Medical Centre, Los Angeles USA
- Fellowship Hand and Peripheral Nerve Surgery, Sydney
- General Surgery, Harvard University, Boston USA
- The dorsal horizon view; a novel radiograph for evaluating screw protrusion in distal radius fractures.
- Australian Hand Surgery Society
- Victorian Hand Surgery Society
- American Society Hand Surgery