Title: Orthopaedics – the hip-knee-spine trilemma
Date: Wednesday 7 June 2023
Time: 7.00pm – 8.30pm
Where: Zoom Webinar- dial in from your PC/laptop/mobile phone/tablet
Program: Presentations with Q&A
TOPIC 1: TOTAL HIP REPLACEMENT NEW PHILOSOPHIES TECHNIQUES AND APPROACHES. DO WE NEED TO CHANGE WHAT IS ALREADY WORKING?
Presented by Mr Arash Riazi, Orthopaedic Surgeon (Hip & Knee)
The presentation will discuss the management of common hip conditions of Femoroacetabular Impingement (FAI), hip dysplasia, labral tears and osteoarthritis and the approaches taken for total hip replacement – the benefits and possible unique complications for each approach, cemented v non-cemented hip replacement and conventional v dual mobility hip replacements.
TOPIC 2: KNEE INJURIES AND OA - PERSONALISED ORTHOPAEDIC CARE
Presented by Mr Jonathan Robin, Orthopaedic Surgeon (Hip, Knee, Sports, Trauma)
Personalising the management of patients with arthritis is what helps us manage the patients we have in front of us every day. This presentation will focus on how we can personalise our care for patients with knee and hip OA from primary care all the way through to surgery.
TOPIC 3: CURRENT MANAGEMENT OF BACK PAIN AND DISC PROLAPSE IN GENERAL PRACTICE - A CASE STUDY APPROACH
Presented by Dr Radek Kindl, Orthopedic Spine Surgeon
The presentation will focus on the management and treatment options for patients with back pain and other back conditions, including disc prolapse. Case studies will provide the framework for this webinar.
- Diagnose and manage FAI, hip dysplasia, labral tears and osteoarthritis.
- Discuss the approaches taken for total hip replacement benefits and possible unique complications for each approach
- Describe methods of personalising care of patients with knee injuries and OA in primary care.
- Discuss how technology has furthered personalised orthopaedic surgery for patients with knee injuries and OA.
- Diagnose & manage patients with back pain and disc prolapse
- Evaluate the current diagnostic tests available for back pain and other conditions
- RACGP accreditation: Educational Activities (EA) 1.5HR
Register in advance for this webinar: https://epworth.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_kYQcdUtDTVyvhOfED4m0Ag
To register, please provide the following details and a Zoom webinar link will be sent to your email (if you do not receive a link to your inbox, we suggest checking your Spam and Junk folders).
- First name and surname
- RACGP number
- Practice name
- Practice suburb and postcode
- Email address
Please direct your enquiries to [email protected]
Download the event flyer for complete information.