Title: Timing & Testing - Cardiology Update for GPs
1. TAVI-what to expect: Presented by A/Prof Kean Soon, Interventional Cardiologist
2. Syncope - when the lights go out: Presented by A/Prof Michael Wong, Electrophysiologist
Moderator: A/Prof Martin Hiscock, Interventional Cardiologist
Date: Wednesday 27 April, 2022
Time: 7.00pm – 8.15pm
Where: Zoom Webinar- dial in from your PC/laptop/mobile phone/tablet
Program: Presentation with Q&A
This GP education webinar is hosted by Epworth Healthcare and moderated by A/Prof Martin Hiscock, Interventional Cardiologist.
Our speakers will cover a brief introduction to transcatheter aortic valve implantation (TAVI) procedure, current evidence of TAVI versus surgical aortic valve replacement (SAVR) in patients with different risk profile, current guidelines on the treatment of aortic stenosis as well as the GP's role in managing TAVI patients. They will also examine the burden of syncope in Australia, how to risk stratify and the different investigations to consider.
The presentation will include the opportunity for panel Q&A.
- Outline the current guidelines for treatment of aortic stenosis
- Identify the GP’s role in the management of TAVI patients
- Identify the possible causes of syncope
- Recognise which investigations to consider depending on level of risk
- 2 CPD Activity points
To register, please provide the following details and a Zoom webinar link will be sent to your email. (if you do not receive a link to your inbox, we suggest checking your Spam and Junk folders).
- First name and surname
- RACGP number
- Practice name
- Practice suburb and postcode
- Email address
Please direct your enquiries to [email protected]
Download the event flyer for complete information.