Our volunteer programs are based on a commitment to enhance patient care and to enable volunteers to become part of a committed team and be their best. Epworth provides a training and orientation program for volunteers, and staff work closely with the team to ensure the volunteering experience is interesting, diverse, and enriching.
Excellence in patient care
At Epworth, our patients are at the heart of everything we do. Supported by excellent facilities, we integrate clinical practice with education and research to deliver outstanding patient care, each and every day. Excellence lies in succeeding in an area of great passion. Our passion lies in providing the very best care to our patients. It drives everything that we do.
Delivering another 100 years of exceptional healthcare and innovation to the Victorian community.
Every patient matters.
Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Excellence
Our amazing volunteers, who work across all of our hospitals, make such a difference, enhancing the care and service we provide.
Why volunteer with Epworth?
When you volunteer at Epworth, you will be adding to the care of our patients and will be joining a dynamic, committed and strongly established volunteer team where every member is highly valued.
What we’re looking for in an Epworth Volunteer
Whether you are staff, student, contractor, or volunteer - we look for people who live our values and behaviours.
We look for volunteers who will respect diversity in patients and families can work effectively as part of a team and work within professional boundaries.
Applicants must also be:
- between 18-85 years of age.
- Able to commit to a minimum of four hours per week.
- Anticipate a commitment to volunteering for a minimum of 12 months.
- Provide referees to comment on your suitability for the role.
- Willing to obtain a Police Check.
- Willing to obtain a Working with Children Check.
- Willing to show proof of mandatory vaccinations for both COVID and Influenza.
Volunteer roles at Epworth
Find a fulfilling volunteer role that suits your skills and passion
Take one stress away by helping someone to safely get to their appointment.
The role of the Volunteer Driver is to provide a safe and comfortable transport service for clients attending their appointments. The volunteer is to provide an excellent and helpful service to patients.
Be the warm first point of contact for Epworth patients and visitors
This role embraces the highest principles of customer service, with volunteers providing information, support and guidance to patients and visitors.
We embrace the diversity of our community and are privileged to utilise the language skills of our volunteers and offer roles to suit such as Chinese Concierge Roles.
Have you been a patient, carer, or community member passionate about health and wellbeing?
If you’re a community member, we consider you a consumer. We encourage our consumers to have a voice in how our services are provided and how they can be improved. Get involved by becoming a consumer advisor.
Use your talent to enhance a calming ward atmosphere
Professional musicians can volunteer to play an instrument in various wards that provides easy listening and enhances the hospital experience for Epworth patients and visitors.
Emergency department support
Offer friendly and knowledge support for patients and families waiting for emergency care
Volunteers assisting in the Emergency Department will support patients and families waiting for medical care. You can expect to sit with patients and their families to chat and listen, offer and provide a cup of tea and or sandwiches for patients and families and liaise between patients and nurses for non-medical questions or concerns.
- Allied Health (Dietetic, Speech Pathology, Occupational Therapy, Psychology)
- Wig salon
- Discharge lounge support for Rehab, Mental Health, Maternity and Day Surgery patients.
- Uniform shop
The Wig Salon at Epworth
How to apply
Start by creating an Epworth ‘MyImpactPage’ account.
Once you’ve created your account you’ll be guided through and asked to provide the following details:
- Personal information such as postal address and full name.
- Your general availability.
- The areas and roles you’re interested volunteering for.
- Epworth locations you’d be happy to work from.
- COVID-19 Immunisation certificate.
- Working with Children Check.
- Reasons why you’d like to volunteer with us and any relevant skills and/or qualifications.