We continue to do everything possible to minimise potential exposure to COVID-19 in our hospitals and need you and your family’s help for us all to stay safe.
Things may look different in areas of our maternity hospital at the moment, but rest assured that the same excellence in care remains. We will continue to do all we can to support you before, during and after your baby’s birth.
Epworth Freemasons and Epworth Geelong Maternity Units have increased precautionary measures. These measures include:
- You and your partner / support person require a COVID-19 test prior to your admission. Details of COVID-19 testing and isolation requirements for Epworth Freemasons and Epworth Geelong patients can be found in the ‘Maternity COVID-19 testing information and other FAQs’ PDF specific to your chosen Epworth site
Maternity COVID-19 testing details and other FAQs (Epworth Geelong) (PDF, 710KB)
Find out where to get tested
Maternity patient swabbing guidelines (PDF, 224KB)
Read more about isolating (PDF, 52KB)
- Stricter restrictions in place for visitors: Your partner or support person remains welcome in the Birth Suite and Postnatal units at Epworth, but please be aware that it’s only this person who will be allowed in our maternity ward while you are in hospital. Screening questions may be asked.
- Maternity visitor arrangements at Epworth Freemasons and Epworth Geelong remain unchanged. Our current arrangements allow patients to have their partner or a support person with them, for the duration of their stay in our hospital. We know how important that is. We encourage you to keep updated on any changes via our website or social media.
- Face to face childbirth classes, ward and facility tours, have been suspended until further notice.
- The Park Hyatt will not be available for inpatient stay (Epworth Freemasons patients).
We have developed online alternatives for you to tour our facilities at Epworth Freemasons and Epworth Geelong. Childbirth Education classes have also been shaped into an online learning package.
If you have any questions about getting a COVID-19 swab test, please call 9426 0666.
Don’t hesitate to call our maternity liaison on 9418 8300 (Freemasons) or 5271 8322 (Geelong) for queries about your stay and for medical concerns please speak with your doctor or call our birth suite.
Epworth HealthCare is aware of recent announcements regarding additional restrictions relating to a partner or support person of maternity patients. The position for maternity patients coming to Epworth Freemasons or Epworth Geelong remains unchanged.
We will continue to the monitor the situation and advise if any further changes are required.