Neurological rehabilitation aims to maximise a person's physical and cognitive independence, while also providing emotional and psychological support for them and their family as they navigate their neurological disorder.
Neurological rehabilitation supports people with a range of neurological diagnoses including:
- Brain tumour
- Guillain Barre Syndrome
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Parkinson's disease
- Vestibular conditions.
Our treating team
Our treating team work together to develop your individualised program based on your needs and goals.
They also provide discharge planning and organisation of ongoing services, including referrals for outpatient therapy programs. Members of the team include:
- rehabilitation physicians
- rehabilitation nurses
- occupational therapists
- speech pathologists
- social workers
- clinical psychologists
- exercise physiologists
Epworth Rehabilitation offers several specialty programs suitable for neurological patients including:
- return to sport, swimming, cycling and running group programs
- Parkinson's rehabilitation program
- Lee Silverman Voice Therapy (LSVT ) ® BIG and LOUD programs, which focus on increasing vocal loudness, intelligibility and size of movement in Parkinson’s patients
- vestibular rehabilitation
- falls prevention and balance programs
- memory skills group
- aquatic physiotherapy (hydrotherapy)
- Olfactory (smell) Impairment Clinic
- Concussion Clinic.