Recovering from a COVID-19 infection can take time. Some people can experience a range of symptoms for many months after their original diagnosis.
Symptoms of long COVID can include:
- Shortness of breath or trouble breathing
- Chest pain
- A persistent cough
- Heart problems
- Loss or changes in sense of smell and taste
- Changes to thinking, memory, problem solving, attention and concentration
- Changes to voice, speech or swallowing
- Changes to movement or physical function
- Muscular and joint pain or weakness
- Sleep disturbances
- Persistent fatigue
- Anxiety or depression
- Post-traumatic stress disorder.
At Epworth, we’re here to help you.
Epworth has a range of rehabilitation and mental health programs available that support many of the symptoms associated with long COVID.
Specific program areas include:
- Cardiac rehabilitation
- Pulmonary (lung) rehabilitation
- Neurological rehabilitation
- Olfactory impairment clinic (Loss of taste or smell)
- Mental health care through Epworth Clinic
What to expect?
At your first appointment, you will see a rehabilitation doctor who will assess your Long COVID symptoms and identify if a rehabilitation program can be developed to support your individual needs.
Depending on your needs, the rehabilitation specialist will get you to see one or more of our clinical team throughout your program. This team includes:
- Exercise physiologist
- Occupational therapist
- Social worker
- Speech pathologist.
When your program begins you will meet this team who will work with you to develop rehabilitation goals and help you achieve them.
Programs may be covered by private health insurance, Workcover, DVA or Medicare (with a chronic disease management plan or mental health care plan), depending on individual circumstances. You can also choose to self-fund.
Contact us for more information on fees and payment options specific to you.
A GP or specialist referral is required.
Online referral form can be found here.
Send your referral to:
Email: [email protected]
Fax: 03 9982 6696
For general enquiries about our programs:
Phone: 1300 345 600
Epworth Clinic mental health services
For ongoing mental health concerns that need to be supported through one-on-one psychological or psychiatric care, please visit Epworth Clinic mental health services.